Thursday, September 3, 2009

a glimpse...

I've spent the past few days working on Supria's book, On Paper Wings, about Helen Keller - funny how the ideas that I have in mind before I receive the books change once they arrive. Some of the elements remain, knowing a quote that I wanted to include which I had gathered months ago, an old photograph, of course integrating wings somehow, and feathers, and flower petals - things of nature. The way Miss Keller was taught, through touch and the natural world, and though I know she couldn't see, I'm certain her inner world was filled with colour. This is my final book, and though the parting of it, along with the parting of this group project, will make me sad, I do look forward to seeing my own once again after such a long trip and so many magic hands have touched and altered it. Once all of the books are back in the lovely hands of their owners, I will post all the photos of the pages I created. Though parting is such sweet sorrow, the journey has been an expanding one, for my heart, for my mind, and for my creative soul. For this I am grateful to Supria...and thank you all for embracing me on these travels.

4 comments:

  1. I had the same experience where my ideas pre-book changes dramatically once I received each book. And I too thank the whole group for this experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your wonderful inspiration through Seth and I am now officially a follower. I find myself drawn to your intimate processes and poetic approach to making your sacred marks. You are an inspiration to me and my processes and thoughts as I muddle here in my cabin in the woods. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post Veronica. I just finished working in your book- although a little late- as I've been away for a few weeks and Seth will get it soon. Look forward to seeing all of your work in Supria's book. It has been such a life expanding journey for me to work in our collaboration as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Veronica...you are such a wonderful team member to this group...I can't wait to see the book...but ask that you hold off on sending it as the timelines are shifting a bit with this project..sent you a personal email on this...
    I can't wait to see, touch, and fill my senses with each of the wonderful pages...thanks to all and what blessing this project has been...Not over yet..can't wait to see how this group effort might evolve into something else....I am open to whatever manifests from it...and am grateful for each book, each moment and each team member with their wonderful creations.
    Supria

    ReplyDelete