Monday, July 13, 2009

Distressed Elements





Today was spent working on Seth's book "Oracle Night" by Paul Auster. Seth's theme is Distressed Elements and I've really enjoyed working in it. The book arrived to me already thick with artistic interpretations done by Seth himself, Veronica, Supria and Roxanne. I thought I'd interpret the theme by using words that come to mind when I hear the word distressed. I've used papers that I've painted and distressed myself along with some ephemera and found objects. Oddly enough, I've used the concept of time again here as I did in Veronica's book theme of friendship. Hmmmm, time must be on my mind alot these days!!

7 comments:

  1. Rita this is so great...I love the distressed elements, the way you twist and tie in the metal finds...the work you have done is such a lovely compliment to the other work in the book...and an added treasure...
    Wonderful work
    Supria

    ReplyDelete
  2. These glimpses are really making me eager to see my book again. I love that you have used a time theme here...a concept that is very important to me and so intertwined with distressed elements. Absolutely loving picture #3!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the distressed look and the chunky bits added in. Gives great textural interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita,
    Lovely work! Can't wait to receive it from you to see it in person. What a super project for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita,
    Thank you for stopping by my blog! Wow! I'm glad I found yours!! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your works are very inspirational. We too create 'livres d'art' here in France, and notably my calligraphy Teacher Anne Sacramento is partcipating in a joint project with a group from Marseille... I haven't put my one and only book on my blog yet - but you have inspired me to do more!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete